Monday, February 7, 2011

Winged Baby Footprint Tattoo Images

Carbowaterstoemp: and other specialties (Thomas Gunzig)

Hello the gourmet Belgian
Hello to new eaters
Hello to zotres

Thomas Gunzig blows hot and cold in my library. I aaadooorrré (no less) his first novel Death of a perfect bilingual which is the book that I read all my favorite from 2009, and logically so I proposed in the selection Price QD9 2010. To my delight, this book is among the 3 finalists in category Roman francophone. However I (almost) Kuru hated . I was very annoyed

for at least 2 reasons:
1 / I do not dislike a book (logical)
2 / 9 I wanted to ask questions to the author as I did with Laurain , and Reinhard Ravalec last year and my opinion on Kuru is so negative as I dared not recontact (my deontological Blogo-logy forbidding me to give up saying what I think for the sake of putting in online exchange of emails with an author). And then if I still dare ... and his answers to my 9 questions are a real treat! They will be online Friday.

My opinion

Until then, it was another feast for the sauce that I invite you. A few weeks ago, thanks to Cynthia , I discovered a tantalizing short story collection where I found the ingredients that made me salivate for this author. So I devoured those juicy texts organized as agape sometimes sour and sometimes bitter and never (too) sweet.

I love the heavy atmosphere, sometimes disturbing, sometimes glaucous, sometimes two at a time that inhabits each text. In short, I really enjoyed myself and if you know of stuff culinary metaphor for all the sauces last few lines it's not for nothing: Carbowaterstoemp is constituted as a menu which is not clear in advance what the characters will be eaten sauce ... but trust Gunzig , they will anyway ... Another original collection is to provide 4 times of short variations on the same generic theme (very large indeed), a situation comparable to or starting a simple correspondence ...

New

1 - Appetizers and hare pie, pages 9-40
When an assassin has not yet had the opportunity to practice what it knows to be done ... or the preparation of a psychopathic self proclaimed super smart ...

2 - Hors d'oeuvres and canapes, as the sign of Chorizo, pages 41-58
A teenager of 15, virtuoso pianist and one is left idle during the holidays ... An excellent opportunity to do some experiments ...

3 - Combination dinners at the hotel, pages 59-90
Under this heading are grouped five short stories more or less tasty, my favorite uppermost. Too cold
: What happens when three son dad named Pierre-Henri, Jean-Nicolas and Kader offered a skiing holiday in Austria? Too hot
: Holidays, 2 parents, 2 kids, a dog, a car, a beach: countless sources of problems ... Too early
: No bowl falling on a boiler when it is down on business travel to Berlin
Too late: Love Is compatible with a darts championship? Too fat
: When two journalists were welcomed like royalty in the Hungarian countryside ...

4 - Five snacks for the show Take Five, pages 91-122
From the first lines of each text, we know that the atmosphere is heavy, odd, offbeat and that in each text, things not very pretty-pretty will happen and that is what is so delightful ... Therefore, the pleasure felt when reading is a bit guilty as sin of gluttony not face assumed a size 38 skirt teasing us that the top of its 70% during sales.
Adagio : what happens there when rats are hungry?
Largo: What happens when a guy he is dumped by a girl not very nice or very nice?
Allegro : what happens there when her cat went into hiding from neighbors?
Lento : What happens when a dancer he climbs trees?
Andante : what happens when you do it too mixes?

5 - The Benefits of gastronomy in the great outdoors, pages 123-153
5 variations around the picnic and the various contingencies that may arise during a walk in the countryside. pickles, chocolate, cheese, sandwich and soft salted butter are among my favorite news of the collection. They are also lighter, more fun.

6 - Three Kingdoms national sweets, pages 155-200
The Grand Duke and The little prince has a very social dimension and offer a very dark vision of Belgium (but these could be new written in (almost) any country in the West). These news are also among my favorites. The Countess is the only new wave of SF lot and, in my opinion, the least successful ... it is certainly the only one I did not like.

7 - Gastronomy hospital. Figures of the transfer. Clinical episodes, pages 201-238
The question is psychiatric hospital ... we obviously could not expect less from the author.

Some links

Lali Gunzig loves, loves news and story collection is his favorite

Conclusion

Yum yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment