Friday, February 11, 2011

Replace Gas Valve Trane Xe80

Gate of Hell (Laurent Gaude)

Hello to live (s)
Thoughts for the death (s) Hello to
zotres


Price QD9 2010 had different merits, one of which is allowing me to finally read the novels of three author (s) s I wanted to discover for a while and whose novels were waiting at home that I decided to open ... Laurent Gaude was one of them. If 5 of his books were squatting the shelves of my library (twice for some), I have indeed been forced to acquire The door of hell , as chosen by LiliB . I was not really convinced by this novel, but it made me want to read some others soon to this writer.

The subject

The story takes place in Naples to those distinct periods. In the early 2000s, a man assaults another out of revenge. During the year 80, a 6 year old child was killed by a stray bullet during a shootout leaving his parents with immense pain and devastating.

My opinion (for spoilers)

An Unusually, this review discusses a crucial point of plot content because it is this element that motivates much of my opinion very mixed feelings about the book .

I have said many times on this blog that I did not like the mix of genders and the main criticism that I can send this book explains much (but not only) that I have not really been attached much less upset by the story is this bias of the author of the fantastic dive abruptly at about half of the novel while it plunges one of his characters in the bowels of the earth Search her son's death.

I was expecting a novel about grief, the pain on the breaks and the madness it can generate. I had not thought for one second that the title of the novel is to be taken at face value. Frankly I hated the whole infernal part of the novel. Beyond the fact of joining or not on the merits in this descent into hell chosen by the author (or, why not, it's his choice), I found it ridiculous on the bottom, flat and incoherent full of nonsense and without any metaphysical or analytical interest.

I am convinced that the whole story would have been just as effective if not more so, for I know not what ellipse (as some (s) might have taxed the facility or tried frustrating), the author had spared us these 50 pages dripping with endless nonsense and despairing of glauquitude.

And here I touch on a paradox that I myself find it difficult to analyze. I often used to say I love the darkness, cruelty, immorality, cynicism, violence in literature. That's what I liked in particular Malaparte, Gunzig, Derey, Calaferte, Ellroy and many other authors. So why have I hated vision of hell as hopeless by Gaudi? As I write this, I think I understand the answer: the pathos.

The bowels of the earth are supposed to stink, but the suffering of those Gaudé feel paradoxically marshmallow and artifice. If the underworld by Gaudé were just cold, inhuman, and glaucous hopeless, I could probably have become interested in their description (though) but I think what made it unbearable to me is, first, overly descriptive side of the thing so guided tour in a question and answer (but then what do they ? and now what happens? Where does that sound? and why? and how? "Like when a tour bus arrives in a nick produces handmade Turkish carpets where the guide commissioned sales proceeds to answer the questions most peak) and, secondly, the size and dripping with tearful all this suffering. Overload effects Focus tear me swells and the dead suffer doubly m'insupporte:

- In times of resolute atheist who thinks that a body part is a body,
- In called time who remembers his catechism lessons other hand, I remember that faith can believe in a better world.

according Gaudé Eternity is not a part of fun (and not necessarily eternal if it elsewhere) and saw what he imagined after death, I am surprised that he sincerely thought of dedicating his novel to all dead to distract them in the afterlife. Because frankly, in some pages, there's plenty to lend a limestone coldest of stiffs!

From my point of view, the most beautiful passages in the novel are located at the beginning of the novel and relate to the pain and parental rupture induced by the family drama. Then it goes bad and much cursing and female maternal rather remind me of some old-fashioned grandstanding speeches of early talkies that sincerity of raw emotion.

Some links
Paperblog variously evokes the novel and its author
liliB selected this title as part of the price QD9 2010.

Conclusion

Not far from deadly dull but provide hours of fun paradise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment